Monday, April 28, 2008

Journal - Little Birdy Rescue




We were coming down the stairs one day when we saw this little thing huddled in fright in our corridor. Of course - we did the correct thing to replace this little birdie in our garden. However,  she tried to fly away and landed stuck in our pool instead.  She was at the verge of drowning when Sean gallantly jumped into the pool and rescued her.
Hence- we decided to buy a little cage and keep her for a day till she recuperates enough to fly off. I have to say that feeding her was no fun.  I had to stuff MAGGOTS - yes - maggots into her mouth... That was a major ewwwww... But I had to feed her cos I didnt want her to die and she refused to eat any seeds.
After spending one precious night with us - I noticed that she was trying to fly again.  And hence - I let her out on the windowsill and she flew to the neighbouring tree.  She was so happy and I was glad that she could fly again.  Little birdie - I really hope you can find your own mummy soon.... And thank you for spending 1 day with us and giving my kids such joy - was such a special gift to us...

10 comments:

Serene Ho said...

What a coincidence! A little green birdie also flew into Jonathan's room 2 days ago but I didn't dare to catch it, unlike brave Sean! It was stuck behind the window. I kept telling it to look left where the opening was and it did. Then it slowly inched its way to the window and flew off. Too bad I didn't take any pics. Wish I had! Tks for sharing!

Pandachu said...

Tee hee this is so cute!

Wati Basri said...

u guys are really kind souls..

Chowchow said...

Wow Serene - that was some coincidence huh???

Yup Panda - the birdie was very cute... I was reluctant to let it go but it was ready and I had to....

Thanks Wati - if we all try and do our part to make this world a better place, I am sure we will all get along fine...

Jasmin B said...

awwwww.....cute little birdie!! And bravo for Sean!!

Chowchow said...

thanks jazz...

Jessy Christopher said...

All of you were the savior of the day!!! Woo hoo!!!

Liza said...

Wohoo you are all angels to the little birdie! And Sean is soo brave!!! You guys are God's gift!!

Chowchow said...

Thanks Auntie Jessy and Aunty Liza...

Chowchow said...

Thanks Auntie Jessy and Aunty Liza...