Thursday, January 31, 2008

Layout - Cool Moves {Sean}











Made another simple layout. I have utilised very simple methods in scrapping this photo. Cut out the pp esp around the plum blossoms. Thereafter I traced a Heidi Swapp bird and cut it out. As black is not a traditional chinese new year colour, I added some red UTEE to colour it up. Used 3d pop up foam for both the bird and plum blossoms for 3d effects.

I painted the thickers chipboard alphas for black and then embossed with red UTEE. Added some simple journaling.

Materials used:
KCK pp, Heidi Swapp mask bird, Thickers alphas and Making Memories black glitter alphas.

7 comments:

Pandachu said...

Such a cool LO! Like how u managed to 'pop up' half the stuff

Tushara said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I did one class at SV and the second time I went I did most of the stuff on my own with help whenever I got stuck for Ideas. The CNY layout is very nice. I love the bird and the plum blossom on it. I have been wanting to make a chinese themed layout for my mum (
who loves everything chinese)for the living room.

Jessy Christopher said...

OMG! This is so beautiful! Love those blossoms you used! SO CNY! Great work, M!

Chowchow said...

Thanks ladies.

Jessy - I love the pic too - thanks to you...

Anonymous said...

lovely lo michelle... love the bird and the utee-d chipboard... arghh i so want a heat gun now, so tht i can buy utee ehehe but hafta wait ehehe

Chowchow said...

Nad - your shopping list seems endless LOL!!! A heat gun is a great tool to have now that you love stamping. Have fun...

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

this is very beautiful! Great techniques too!