Sunday, May 18, 2008

Layout - Joy of a child {Sean}I






This is a photo of Sean taken by Sarah Grasset - a photographer friend of mine back in May 2005.  I love all the photos she took that day as she has managed to capture my kids very well.  I have recently started a new challenge in the SnC website called a "Moderator's Challenge". 

Jessy gave me the idea of a quote challenge. I chanced upon this quote which I loved and I have used it to challenge the forum members to do a layout from it.  The quote goes:

" There is no measure greater than this: the joy that came from a child's Happiness". 

This is my layout with the quote.  I have decided to play with the acrylic sheet again.  Today I decided to utilise 2 types of crackling effects :

1) with the RAnger Crackle Paints - on chipboard where the quote is
2) with the Crackle Glossy Accents - on the frame where the photo is

I must say that I am pleased with the results of both crackle effects.

In addition I chose a very fussy paper design to but which I regretted as it took me a couple of hours as I didnt want any part to break off.  Luckily - I managed to cut everything and the whole pice of pp is still intact - phew... 

To add to the effects of the lo - I have also stuck the pp on intermittently so that I have pieces of the pp floating around.  I have decided to do the same with both the the frames and photo as to achieve a floating effect.  Lastly I added some Kaiser scrolls which I broke off and added the new Adirondack dimensional pearl on them.  I must say that this is a simple lo - which is always my style but at the same time - it looks vintagey and fun.  I really felt very satisfied when I finished this lo.

Materials used:
Daisy D pp,  Thin and Thick chipboard,  Acrylic Dabbers,  Crackle Paint,  Crackle Glossy Accents,  Brilliance gold ink,  3d foam for pop up effects,  Kaiser scrolls,  MM sanding block,  DCVW sticker saying and Hambly transparency sheet. 

4 comments:

Pandachu said...

Wow, Mich, i'm in complete awe! I just used this PP on saturday (the blue flowers) on a photo swap LO at a crop and I thought I did OK till i saw ur LO...lol

Naddy said...

WOWWWWWW I love the cut-out mich!!! anther lovely LO

kitkat said...

this is super-duper gorgeous! LURVE it!!!

Chowchow said...

Thanks ladies....