Monday, December 10, 2007

Altered Art - Inspire on Canvas


















































































Firstly, I have to apologise for quality of the photos. Its been raining the whole day and no light as a result. Had to take pics under bright flourescent lights so the effect is not so good.

I loved doing this layout. I had so much fun! Having said that I must admit that cutting the cutout flowers using both my cutter bee scissors and my X-acto knife was not too thrilling! I nearly died in the process as I never realised that this was so much work! It was painstakingly difficult to cut in between the flowers. It took me 2 days to finish of course intermittently through my day and lacquering the flowers too. But I am proud to say that the effort is really worth it! I think it does pull the whole layout together.

The rest was relatively easy - some Prima chipboard alphas, Thickers both chipboard and foam alphas, beaded butterflies that I made previously, buttons, some paper ribbon, the red ribbon - American Craft (peppermint) , making memories epoxy buttons, and a scroll from the Fancy Pants collection and a big canvas.

What actually inspires me? Well I have been doing some soul-searching, esp after I made an album about myself. I think I have tried to incorporate the things that inspire me to scrap in this layout. First - creating a layout is akin to playing for me. I love relating the topic to the pics and hence I chose 2 pics of my kids in play. Sean - hanging upside down and Clarissa playing with a ribbon.
I normally scrap about my kids. They inspire me to scrap with the various expressions etc. I love to showcase them in different lights and the 2 photos that I chose were of them being naughty and nice. Hence, the photos were cropped with horns and angels wings.
I love to scrap as I love this art of scrapping and hence, I dedicated a corner to acknowledge this and added the quote "This art makes me happy". I have pictures of Sean jumping up in elation and smiling beautifully and thus I put these photos here.
The next quote was "Savour the details" - I love details in my layout. The flowers that I have used in this corner would reflect this attention to detail. I have included Clarissa who is a child that loves details too.
If you look across the whole canvas, I tied the whole ribbon effect together by ending with a photo of Clarissa with her ribbon. Lastly, I used a photo of the kids in harmony together and my theme - that my layouts should always be "Made with Love".
I apologise for such a long post but I though I should explain my layout a little for those who are interested in reading. Hope the explanations makes sense. By the way, the kids' art teacher was around when I did this layout, I would like to thank Jane for her input. TTFN!

15 comments:

naddy said...

this is really nice :)

Wati Basri said...

mich...this is awesome!! love it...love it :)

Pandachu said...

Wow this is amazing. I LOVE it!!

chowchow said...

Thanks for all the compliments ladies.

JazzScraps said...

Definitely inspirational ChowChow! Love how you used the '1' as the letter 'I'!
And my goodness....all the cutting!! I can imagine!!

Debbie/StudioBeeCreations said...

OH MY GOODNESS, ChowChow....this is MOST awesome & inspiring!...I dont know HOW I found you this morning...blog surfing gets me all turned around....but, I am sooo glad I did! May I add you to my blogger roll for daily visits?.....Beeeeeeeautiful creativity!

chowchow said...

Thanks ladies for your comments. Sure debbie - I will be honoured to be added to your blogger roll. Woweee!!!

LaY hOoN said...

That's so gorgeous...
Especially you cut out the flower pic ...that's very tedious works.

Pandachu said...

Heya I will be in KL on 23rd to 25th Dec. Short trip I know...bf's business trip but quite free on 24th depending on other's shopping plans :)

chowchow said...

Hi there Pandachu, I will be in KL then. Pls email me at chowchow138@gmail.com and we will exchange nos then. Hope to meet up with you.

chowchow said...

Hi there Pandachu, I will be in KL then. Pls email me at chowchow138@gmail.com and we will exchange nos then. Hope to meet up with you.

teacher jessy said...

Why am I not surprised with all the wonderful comments? Haha. You are just so talented, M! Love your latest LO! Way to go!

chowchow said...

Thanks Jessy - I am glad that everyone loves this altered art lo.

Debby Winters said...

This is wonderful...so much going on! It's a real delight to the eye. I love the buttons.

Peridot&Sapphire said...

this is a very detail masterpiece... I love every piees of it!

sharine