Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Journal - Jane's Altered Box






















I had the pleasure of exchanging ideas on layouts with my kid's art teacher, Jane. So, (drum rolls pls) may I present Jane's very first layout. Its a great one and its great to see a different perspective esp an artist's perspective on sb. For a "virgin" layout - I think Jane has done exceptionally well. What do you think?

I esp love the sides of the box. How she mixed 3 diff colours together. Plus the chipboard triangular thingies - she utilised a very diff technique, painted it in white, lacquered it and then added on diff colours from inks - mainly from Brilliance (Copper) and the Versamagic chalk (A light green). I never realised that green and copper goes well together. But Jane reminded me that copper statues always have some "rust" that is green in colour on them. That really opened my mind cos I realised then I should take inspiration from the colours around me and try to colour coordinate that way. Thanks for that tip, Jane.

Jane played the "Wedding March" at her wedding. Luckily I had the "Wedding March" wedding score as PP. Then she added another K & Co PP to mat her photo. Thereafter she added a strip of Chatterbox brown polka dot PP and some green velvet ribbon to enhance the whole layout. She used some simple embellishments - a Making Memories Metal LOVE saying plus a bunch of roses. Thereafter was some Maya Road triangular chipboards and some Autumn Leaves buttons. The effect was totally great! Well done Jane!

4 comments:

Wati Basri said...

this is lovely...for a 1st timer scrapper...this is superb!!

Anonymous said...

really nice :)

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

beautifully done!

Peridot&Sapphire said...

it's unique!