Saturday, October 13, 2007

Layout Display - Halloween {thru the years}


























































We have started celebrating Halloween since 1999 when Clarissa turned 2. Alas, as I went through my stash of halloween photos, i was unable to find good photos. I am really disgusted and disappointed with myself. I must take nicer photos this year as I have put in so much effort for a great party with all the decors and pumpkins and what nots but I have not taken good pictures of my kids during the party! One good excuse would be that I am constantly running these parties and have no time to sit down let alone take pictures. Must take it easy this year.

Yes, some are wondering why I always celebrate Halloween. The answer is very simple. I just want to fill my kids with precious memories of candy, dressing up and basically having fun. We celebrate every occasion when we can. In fact, we are going to celebrate Hari Raya with our dearest friends in Seremban tomorrow. I must remember to charge the camera and take pics. I have even bought the kids the traditional malay clothing for the visit. Isn't it very nice and fortunate for us to live in a multi-cultural society? I feel very blessed that I am able to give all these experiences to my kids. As the malays says it, "katak di bawah tempurung" which basically means I don't want my kids to be the frog living underneath a coconut shell, not seeing the ourside world. I just want the kids to be exposed to everything I can manage. Besides, they look cute in their costumes, he he...
Enough about that. I had scrapper's block when I attempted my star halloween album and hence, I have decided to leave it as it is and regroup. I saw something similar to this over the internet and I thought this would be great. Hence, I came up with my own version of a Halloween display. Hope you all like it.

Before I forget, I must credit Irene for teaching me how to crop pics with Picasa. Thanks Irene, this is much easier that the Canon DSLR - still can't figure them out. Used Picasa to crop the above.

Materials used:

Daisy D's Halloween Paper, Making Memories Halloween paper, Making Memories Halloween Brads and Chipboard, Highlights Halloween Stickers, Jolees Boutique - Spiders, black rick-rac, orange Momoyo large brad, Prima flowers, Chipboard in 2 sizes and dark green velvet paper.

No comments: