Thursday, August 9, 2007

Altered Tin - Tools










I went to visit my friend, Valerie today. Incidentally Valerie is the owner of http://www.scrap-n-crop.com/ website. Valerie is one of the few Malaysians who are dealing in scrapbooking products. She has very kindly invited me to be on her design team which I gladly accepted.










As I was leaving, I spotted an altered tin that Val made with one of her kid's milk tin. Hence, I asked her for one for my first assignment. I was brimming with ideas as I left her place. Darn, I should have taken more than 1 tin.










As I was eager and excited - couldn't wait to start - I decided on a simple design. Firstly, I use paper from the latest Basic Grey Collection - Infuse. Then I made chipboard handles and punched holes with my trusty Crop-a-Dile. Then I laced matching leather strips together at both sides of the tin. I decided to employ this method as the circumference of the tin was more than 12 inches. The beauty of this technique is that the whole tin is being held together by the lacing on both sides!










I have decided to use the tin to store my scissors, rulers, etc for scrapbooking and thus named it "tools". I dabbed the letters with The Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers Range - Red Pepper Colour and a coating of the 3d lacquer completed my whole tin. I had a huge smile when I completed this - most satisfying design. Recycling an old milk tin is really good for the soul and of course - the environment!

No comments: