I was determined to stay away from store-bought embellishments in this layout. Hence, I found a coordinating ribbon at a local haberdashery and I decided to make lots of little beaded butterflies to complement the the flowery ribbon and in coordinating colours.
The title was cut using templates from Coluzzle and I added the stuck on coordinating beads as I thought that the title was a tad flat. I printed a sister's poem which I found over the Internet on vellum paper and secured it with brads.
Lastly I altered the photo to black and white and selected a faded background. This layout gave me a sense of accomplishment as I did not have much store-bought merchandise.